Sunday, January 12, 2020

Postscript...

I am now officially back in the US, staying with my sister, Leah, in San Francisco for the night.  It's now 605a in Omaha and I am wide-awake, so thought I would get this final posting done now. 

I am leaving on a flight at 930a to return to Omaha, so, in theory, I should be back in Omaha around 3p or so.  Looking forward to seeing the snow and cooler temperatures.  Ha!

Here's a final few random pictures that I took over the past couple of days:

In the Taipei airport, they have a 'prayer' location, which provides rooms for Christians, those of the Islamic faith, and those of the Hindu faith to pray. 

EVA airlines, which is a Taiwanese airline and the one our team uses for our travels, has a relationship with Hello Kitty.  There is a Hello Kitty gate and there are planes that are all 'dressed' up in Hello Kitty-themed fabrics, decorations and the outsides of the planes are full-on Hello Kitty too.

In Saigon.  Need a cart for your luggage???

One of my favorite things in Vietnam is that things are labeled ironically, but not so much.  This 'cooler' was named "Hot Hot," but offered cold beverages.  As they say in Vietnam, "Same Same."

I wonder what the 'plus' is in Coke Plus???

A mash-up of Marvel and Pokemon.

Hello Kitty!

I love her aviator helmet.

Islamic prayer room.

This is a screen at which you can rate your 'service' in the bathroom at the Taipei airport.  Ha!
This is a new addition to the cyclo-scene in HCMC.  This is a 'seat-belt' for a smaller child and it is worn around the parent's waist and then there is a little lumbar spine pad that wraps around the little child's waist too, linking them together, for when a child is seated behind their parent on the cyclo.  This was new this time around, as we had never seen these before.  There is a helmet law in Vietnam now, but only for adults. 

And, finally...

Peace-out from me and my lovely travel partner and friend, Amy!!  As always, it's a wild ride, but I am so appreciative that she travels with me on this adventure!!

Again, thanks for reading.  Until I return to Vietnam again...hopefully in 2 years.

xoxo
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Postscript...

I am now officially back in the US, staying with my sister, Leah, in San Francisco for the night.  It's now 605a in Omaha and I am wide-...